Fall: a season of giving

Fall is the time when the weather gets colder, the trees change color, the leaves fall, and everyone prepares for winter. But it’s also the time of year when charities start to get geared up, and people band together to help those in need. Multiple organizations were working, and still are working tirelessly to raise money and awareness for a variety of causes.

These organizations are happening everywhere, as a matter of fact, several of them happened/are happening here at North. Check out this list to see how our students have been helping out, and to see how you can join in!

Fundraisers:

Swim Team Sold Shirts For Cancer Awareness: In October, the swim team sold pink shirts to raise cancer awareness. They, along with everyone who bought one, wore them every Wednesday for the duration of the month.

JCL Trick or Canning: The Junior Classical League continued their tradition of collecting cans and donations on Halloween to help those in need.

Student Council Fill the Dome; Cans, Dance, and Talent Show: For the month of November, the Student Council participated in the 11th annual Fill the Dome. For two weeks, they collected cans from the student body, complete with prize drawings to encourage donations. They also had a ‘Battle of the Cans’ talent show and a ‘Harvest Dance’ which they organized with the Key Club.

Key Club Trick-Or-Treat for Unicef: The Key Club sent around several dozen students to collect money for women who need prenatal care in third-world countries.