North girls gain another win against the Knights

Andrea McClary, Junior Ad Editor

The Fargo North Girls Basketball team took on the Knights Friday, Jan. 25. Seniors, Alexis Smith, Maddy England, and Sophia Cody along with Juniors, Ellen Kenninger and Jennie Sem started the game winning the tip. Kenninger was the first to score shooting two free throws and making both. After North had a few messy turnovers and quick back and forth with the Knights the girls began to pull ahead.  To the Spartans advantage the Knights were quickly in foul trouble allowing for some quick points to be made. The girls continued to work hard furthering their lead with a steal from Cody. Finishing the first half with a steal from Kenninger assisting Anna Benson for the two point shot putting the Spartans ahead 41-22.

The second half began with a shot from the Knights however Kenninger quickly made up for it with a easy layup down the court. Several minutes passed with no score until England shots a deep two putting the Spartans at a lead 50-27. With ten minutes left in the Second half the Knights put on the pressure and began full court press but North pushes through keep their lead. The Spartans finished their game with a quick shot under the basket from Sophomore, Ava Kalbrener ending the game in favor of the Spartans 71-34.