• Inside the world on Billy Ward

Sports

Inside the world on Billy Ward

• Meet Angel the daschund!

Feature

Meet Angel the daschund!

• Sports

Carter Zeller’s 1000th Point

• Feature

Mental Health, an everyday struggle

• Feature

This Month In History: January

The Scroll

The Student News Site of Fargo North High School

The Scroll

The Scroll

Little Brother: introducing Korean food to downtown Fargo

It’s been a while since we’ve done this, but we wanted to bring this iconic part of the paper back: a restaurant review! It mainly gives us an excuse to spend our money on delicious food, but whatever. We decided on visiting Little Brother, a small Korean Vietnamese fusion restaurant on Broadway in downtown Fargo – where Taco Shop used to be, right next to Teaberry.
We were very excited to try this restaurant because it’s one of the very few Korean restaurants in the Fargo-Moorhead area, so it was something new to try. Although it was around $25 per food order with a drink, in our opinion, what we got was definitely worth the price.
We started off, ordering one of their appetizers, the pork gyozas accompanied by sesame seeds in soy sauce. It came out very fast, and it was a little unexpected. We thought it was very crispy yet soft, which paired perfectly with the meat on the inside. The sauce developed into the Gyozas flavor, complementing the Gyozas with salty flavor. This was enjoyed by everyone and is a perfect standard appetizer that you can mix and match with any entree. Overall, we would rate this a ⅘.
We then got the takoyaki, fried octopus, as an appetizer. When it came out, we were very surprised. There were four pieces of takoyaki stacked on top of a salad, drizzled in their takoyaki sauce. The flavor was perfect! We’ve had previous experience with takoyaki not being cooked all of the way, but this was cooked great. Paired with the sauce too, it’s unforgettable. As a sauce lover, this had the perfect amount. For being a place that has so many options, they seem to perfect all of them. Overall, we would rate this a 4.5/5.
The last appetizer we got was the spring rolls. With the following trend, the outside was crunchy with the ground beef and vegetables inside. Full of flavor, it’s also served with a sweet and sour sauce, which makes it all the better. The sweet & savory combo is a classic, and is easily one of the best combinations. Leyla, who usually isn’t a spring roll fan, enjoyed this also. Overall, we would rate this a 4.5/5.
Next, we ordered 3 entrees to taste and rate, starting off with the Korean Chicken. It came with 2 different flavors; Soy Garlic & Red Spicy, and since we couldn’t choose a flavor, we picked both. They definitely excel in their chicken, with a crunchy outside and the juicy inside. However, as boneless chicken enthusiasts, we would prefer boneless chicken, as the bone gets in the way. Overall, we would also rate this a 4/5, and definitely recommend it to those who like bone-in chicken.
Next, we ordered the sesame chicken. It came with a large amount of rice, and a side of kimchi. It was absolutely perfect in every way. Not only was it crispy and crunchy and not dry, it was boneless! Boneless chicken lover for life. It was so good, Sophia kept stealing bites. It was sweet and delicious, I would recommend it to everybody and will. It was one of the meals we fully finished, it was just that good. Overall, we give it a perfect score with a 5/5.
The last entree we decided to choose was a Korean classic, the Bibimbap. While it is probably good to those who have had it before, this was our first experience. Sophia disliked the gochujang, which is up for personal preference. We also disliked the ground beef in it, as it changed the texture. We just weren’t the biggest fans, we would like to give it another chance another time, there was definitely potential. Overall, we would rate it a 3/5.
We had a great experience, with great & fast service, and yummy delicious chicken. While there were some contrasting factors, we would overall rate this a 4/5. We would definitely recommend that you get anything with their chicken, because they perfected it. We also would say to try something new, especially since there aren’t many Korean/Vietnamese restaurants in the F-M area.