• Inside the world on Billy Ward

Sports

Inside the world on Billy Ward

• Meet Angel the daschund!

Feature

Meet Angel the daschund!

• Sports

Carter Zeller’s 1000th Point

• Feature

Mental Health, an everyday struggle

• Feature

This Month In History: January

The Scroll

The Student News Site of Fargo North High School

The Scroll

The Scroll

Girls Hockey 3-peat at State

Congratulations to the Girls Hockey team for winning for the third year in a row at state hockey on the weekend of Feb. 22-24. “It feels so amazing to win again and for the third time too, I’m so grateful for our team and the coaches we had to look up to. I couldn’t think of a better way to end my senior season” said senior Anna Nelson.
    The girls played Bismarck Century in the state championship game, winning 5-1. “Winning was so surreal. It was our end goal throughout the whole season, so to accomplish that goal felt amazing. Although this is our third championship in a row, the energy and excitement was higher than ever,” said junior Olivia Kalbus.
    While they’ll lose three seniors who were significant playmakers: forwards Nelson who finished her senior year with 12 goals and Emma Burris who scored her career first state tournament goal in the championship game this year, and defensive player Elsie Anderson who finished the season with five assists, most of the team will return for the 2024-2025 season.
    “I’m already excited for next year, we are losing a few people but there are also some incoming players that will really be great to have. It should be a really fun season,” said freshman Lauren Terstriep.
    The girls will start their next season in late November and we are excited to see what they will be able to accomplish.